View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 06:00 PM   #6
FINALLY! The wait is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon View Post
it just cracks me up...

it's like no one actually watches the games...

HELLO!?

someone PLEASE tell me there is a QB out there that has ever played the game better than Peyton Manning...and I'm just talking about on HIS best day...

On Peyton's BEST day...no one compares.

Now...my dad told me something a long time ago about his golf game that kind of stuck with me...his brother (my uncle) is a golf pro and I'd ride/walk along with them when I was 8 or 9 (I didn't play, just watched) and my dad was an above average golfer but nowhere near as good as my uncle...but a lot of the time he would out drive him and hit better shots...and I asked him..."dad, why aren't you as good as your brother? You can hit all the shots..." and he told me the difference between him and my uncle is that his WORST golf shots are still pretty close to as good as his best golf shots...whereas my dad's worst golf shots were really bad, as opposed to not as good as his best...

So if we want to argue that Peyton's bad days are what keeps him from being better than Joe Montana...I guess we can agree to disagree...

but if someone wants to try and tell me that there has been better QB play than Peyton Manning when he's in the zone...then they are just foolish.
Your analogy is a good one. And that's why it's hard to argue against guys you haven't personally witnessed, live, in real time with any kind of consistency. Montana was everything that Peyton is now. He just didn't have the epic **** ups that Peyton had early in his career. Right now, Montana is the GOAT. But I do think it's only a matter of time before Peyton erases that. Peyton has a lot less to work with than Joe did.
Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.