Thread: Poop NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 10:26 PM   #160
Don't Be A Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper16 View Post
Oh, DomerNKC. Heh. He was exactly who I thought of when you brought up rap in the way that you did. My exact thought was "Oh, **** me. Another Domer." That's funny.

My responses:

1) Truthfully, I don't disagree with you. At all. My condescending comment that you initially responded to was itself a response to JDiddy saying that my calling the movie "a commentary on the harshness of reality, the lack of a clean and perfect narrative in reality" was just a personal interpretation of the movie. I disagree with that -- I think that thread of commentary is objectively in the movie. Whether it is done well or not is a different matter.

2) That's fair. Outside of a little bit of snarkyness, I feel as if I have stayed above that fray. Meh.

3) That, quite clearly is true in the abstract. BUT I seriously was just talking about the sky. I suspect that your senses will tell you that a clear sky is blue just like mine do. Ask anyone else what color a clear sky is and they will say blue. Now obviously testimony has its own epistemological issues, but whatev.
I still disagree that a movie is art. A movie is an interpretation of art.
J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.J Diddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.