Thread: Poop NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 10:22 PM   #159
Eat/Sleep/Procrastinate/Repeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.B.A. View Post
Actually, I was enjoying the antagonism.....that's why I brought up rap, you and my brother, Domer have butted heads over that enough that I thought it would get your goat.

Here are my 3 points of disagreement

1) You call the movie art. Art is interporetive, by nature. Therefore, if we don't like it, we don't like it. It is not a statement of our stupidity.

2) I have a natural distaste of people saying "If you don't agree with me, it must be because you are stupid or you just don't understand " It is arrogant, condescending and rude.

3) Back to the "reality" issue, perception is not always reality. Because YOUR senses tell you something....that doesn't make it true.
Oh, DomerNKC. Heh. He was exactly who I thought of when you brought up rap in the way that you did. My exact thought was "Oh, **** me. Another Domer." That's funny.

My responses:

1) Truthfully, I don't disagree with you. At all. My condescending comment that you initially responded to was itself a response to JDiddy saying that my calling the movie "a commentary on the harshness of reality, the lack of a clean and perfect narrative in reality" was just a personal interpretation of the movie. I disagree with that -- I think that thread of commentary is objectively in the movie. Whether it is done well or not is a different matter.

2) That's fair. Outside of a little bit of snarkyness, I feel as if I have stayed above that fray. Meh.

3) That, quite clearly is true in the abstract. BUT I seriously was just talking about the sky. I suspect that your senses will tell you that a clear sky is blue just like mine do. Ask anyone else what color a clear sky is and they will say blue. Now obviously testimony has its own epistemological issues, but whatev.
Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.