Thread: Home and Auto Handy-Man Corner
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 10:12 PM   #447
Will KC ever be better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Obviously you have a knack for it and take some pride in your work. That's half the battle right there. Now that you have some experience and confidence you'll cut your install time in half. It really looks spectacular. One thing I would caution against is being tempted to use quickset. I've kicked myself every time I tried to use that stuff unless it was in a small bathroom.

$6-7 is good money. You can parlay that into $30-40 an hour if you get really good. Plus it's even more if you have to put down any underlayment or do any complicated removal of existing floor covering.

I'd definitely use you (though not at $6-7 sqft - heh).

I've done a lot of different handywork. Helped a guy in our last church build a $250K-$300K house. Learned a lot there. I've done a little of everything so I wasn't intimidated by the tile to say the least. There are things in building I would hire out, but it would be because I don't like doing it, not because I can't.

I doubt I could do just one thing over and over, the repetition gets to me. I like a variety of work and I like to see accomplishment.
PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.PastorMikH must have mowed badgirl's lawn.