View Single Post
Old 02-21-2005, 01:19 AM   #179
Cross with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lardass
Most relationships that fail were originally based on infatuation and lust whereas solid relationships are dependant on something beyond liking your partner. That is certainly the basis of understanding why relationships fail, people do not have realistic understandings and expectations about what they are getting into and who they are getting into it with. Some people even have trouble understanding who they are and what they are all about, let alone someone else. All of these things contribute to failures in relationships. It takes a pair of really honest people to do it right, it's perfectly understandable to see why these things fail.
You're being too lenient on your definitions and contexts.... ALL relationships that fail were originally based on infatuation and lust. Solid relationships are those that go into completely healthy marriages and are founded on love. I'm not talking about the little teeny-bopper definition of love, I'm talking about the real concept. Now, I'll admit that a lot of people find my definition too strong, but I never really understood how the strongest feeling can have a definition any weaker than what I give it. Basically, my definition splits everything up into what I call the laws of love: 1) you're not attracted to anyone but the person you're in love with--that covers both mentally and physically. 2) you would go through an eternity of torment just to see the person you love for a split-second. 3) you would do absolutely anything for that person without asking or wanting anything in return--a.k.a. "love has no conditions". 4) you would go through the worst pain imaginable for a trillion years just to know for one second that the one you love is okay. /// There's still a lot that I'm leaving out, but those are the four that I can state without creating an essay.
Slayer Diablo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutSlayer Diablo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutSlayer Diablo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutSlayer Diablo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutSlayer Diablo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutSlayer Diablo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutSlayer Diablo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutSlayer Diablo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutSlayer Diablo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutSlayer Diablo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutSlayer Diablo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about