View Single Post
Old 05-21-2024, 03:01 PM   #5415
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
'bout to drive this mother****er to your shop...

Yeah - "You want adjustables?" was about the damndest thing I've ever heard. He coulda just asked if I want my water wet and it wouldn't have puzzled me any more than that.

Playing phonetag with my guy Mitch and if he's willing to take it, I'm getting it out of there. I just can't wrap my head around that answer.

Do you know of anyone that sells the standard old school 5-slot rallye GM wheels but made of aluminum? Looks like BG Rod Works does, but the widest I can get in 15s is a 7 inch and that won't hold 265s on the back. I think I'd have to go up to 17s in back and that's too much offset, IMO. Will look a little strange.

It looks like American Racing Vintage might do something like that but i think they only go down to 17s. And I just am not dealing with fender rub up front anymore. And I'd like to get to 15s so I can put more sidewall in there (ride and cosmetic purposes).

Essentially this. 15" or 16" and in aluminum if possible. If I have to go steel, I will - they're just not as good.

I'd almost rather nut up and spend the money on the damn 2-pieces than go steel, but we're talking another $2K to do so for wheels that don't really require a 2-piece setup to look how I want them to.

Ugh...So irritating.
I can take a look. Quick note though:

Stay far, far away from 16's. That's a big nope. Tire manufacturers just aren't making them. They make tires for mainstream, modern cars. Most of which are 17" plus. Most of your options for a decent tire is going to start in the 17" range. Most of the 16" options out there are truck tires.

I know Classic's like the 15's, but even with 15's your tire options are pretty limited. You'll have several decent tire options in 15". You're gonna create yourself a NIGHTMARE if you put 16's on it. Once you move up to a 17", everyone and their mama makes a tire for that.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.