View Single Post
Old 05-19-2024, 06:26 AM   #13
Field General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
I have a Honda pioneer 5 1000 and love it. I’ve seen them used for around 8 here in north east Oklahoma. But it doesn’t have ac and goes places a jeep can’t on my property (width of trail issues).

The Honda is the best of all worlds for me we trail ride several times a year and use it for property maintenance and deer hunting. And occasionally pull a small trailer around the property.

Also I’m a big fan of the Honda because it has a real transmission. Not a fan of cvt for slugging around like I do and it’s nice as hell to put it in first and let the trans do the work on a rough downhill.
We used to have Polaris 4x4's, and even a 6 wheeler with the dump bed on back, all worked well around the farm, but plenty of maintenance long term with the Polaris, it seemed. We now have a Pioneer 1000 that we use frequently. Herding cattle, fixing fence, have a sprayer we put in back with fork lift to spray everywhere, Only problem we have incurred, is when I have sprayer loaded up ready to spray, and wife wants to use it to do "clean up" around the yard. :-) We have considerably more acres than OP, or I would have suggested the Pioneer for larger acres.

Last edited by farmerchief; 05-19-2024 at 06:26 AM.. Reason: spelling
farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.farmerchief is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote