View Single Post
Old 05-19-2024, 02:00 AM   #6
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Cost per mile on a new Polaris Ranger is more than a new 2500 crew cab diesel pickup.

Side by side prices are preposterous, but they perform good in a farm/ranch setting. A golf cart will work wonders at a tiny percentage of the cost. If you go electric you get the bonus of sneaking up on wildlife.
A lot of wisdom here.

I find it comical observing the evolution of these vehicles here at the lake.

People keep buying bigger, faster and uglier UTVs to out do each other. Some of them look like they belong in a sci fi movie. 4 seater Polaris's are almost passe now. One of my neighbors has three of them in his toy shop. '

When I heard what several of them paid for these things, I thought similar to OP, a jeep or small pickup would be less expensive.

My lifted golf cart was cool a decade ago, not so much anymore but I love the versatility of it to this day. Have no intention of making a change.

Paid $1200 for it on craigslist from a golf course, spent about the same on a lift kit, wheels, tires, back seat and windshield. Painted it and did all the work myself. I use it every day.

There is a message board called buggiesgonewild.com that has been invaluable on helping me learn my cart inside and out. I had a neighbor have me build one for him.

Last edited by HemiEd; 05-19-2024 at 02:06 AM..
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote