View Single Post
Old 05-14-2024, 10:52 AM   #15
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
That's not on the insurance company, it's on the employer for choosing that group plan. There are plans that would cover those costs but it would be much more expensive for the employer and most likely lead to less actual pay for all employees while the total benefit package would be similar. Insurance Companies get the blame many times for a policy that has clear exclusions with a reduced cost compared to plans with fewer exclusions.
I don't know the details of the coverage we had at the time, but I can't imagine health insurance that doesn't cover at least part of a life-saving transplant. If the plan excluded transplants, that supports my assertion that health insurance companies only care about money, and don't give a **** about people.
ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.