View Single Post
Old 05-05-2024, 02:34 PM   #13
I'll **** anything that moves!

So this Reggie Miller, Watt, Luke Wilson commercial…. It’s fun, I like it.

Story time…. My first job out of college, after I turned down a job to be a videographer for Royals games, was in Santa Monica at the Barnes & Noble on the 3rd St Promenade.

Three story bookstore on a very busy promenade full of shops and restaurants. We were one of maybe two or three businesses that didn’t require a token to use the restrooms.

We were also sorta homeless “friendly”. Most of them were harmless. They’d come in when we opened and hang out and read. But occasionally you got that special brand of homeless and they’d be ushered out.

But it was a busy place and often the restrooms were a very special place for special people. Pretty sure I still have some PTSD for some of things I saw taking place or the after effects…

Anyway…. Those 3rd floor restrooms took a beating.

One day I’m working my usual spot on the first floor at the info station, and in comes Luke Wilson. Not unusual to see celebrities, and I’d seen him come and go a couple times before, but this time, he asks where our restroom is…. It’s a Saturday, mid-afternoon, I know that restroom is ****ed. I tell him it’s on the third floor, but I give him a very colorful warning about the very real possibility he could be walking into a street on Calcutta.

A few minutes later, Luke actually visits me again, and he’s visibly shaken…. He was like, damn man, you weren’t kidding! All I could say was, told you so bro! You were great in Tenenbaums! He laughed, shook my hand and that was that…
GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.