Thread: Football ***2024 NFL Free Agency***
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2024, 02:34 PM   #5325
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd View Post
If we really could get Latimer for a 1.2 million cap hits this year. I don’t understand why we wouldn’t do it. We could even give up a number 3 pick next year – the one we got for Sneed. If we can get him for a lower round draft pick that’s obviously better.

I was always disappointed that we got rid of Sneed and it took me a while to accept. We needed to do it for cap reasons. But Latimer is in the same class of top-notch CB (assuming he’s not injured) and cap Hit this year would be 1.2 million compared to 18 million for Sneed. Worry about the cap for Latimer in subsequent years when we get there.

Some have suggested he won’t play unless the contract is restructured for guarantees. That’s a potential issue, but he would be playing for a ring. And if he did sit out, we wouldn’t be in any worse position This year then we are now. We would lose the draft pick next year, but I think that’s worth the gamble.

But I don’t think it can be that simple. Otherwise, we would’ve done it.

Barring an injury to Mahomes, it would completely guarantee us our 3peat.
Every vet that makes the roster means one more young guy getting cut/waivers. Maybe that's fine, but I don't think Bert will do something that jeopardizes legit, cost-controlled talent.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.