Thread: Football Broncos news megathread
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 05:42 PM   #72855
Shameless Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
Could be worse. You could be starting a 4th round QB from last years draft who didn't complete a pass in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th quarter in the game against the Chiefs last Christmas.

If Denver was picking 6th overall this year are they taking Bo Nix?
Sean Payton made it pretty clear that Nix was the third quarterback on his board - Caleb Williams and Jayden Daniels being the top 2. So maybe if they're at 6, they find a bit more motivation to try and knock Washington's socks off with an offer to get to 2. But even then, I didn't get the impression Washington was contemplating going anywhere.

One thing I sincerely believe is that it didn't matter where they were, they weren't interested in taking McCarthy, Penix, or Maye. So maybe if they're at 6, they get cute and trade back far enough so that the Rams jump them and take Nix - because at that point, the Falcons would not yet have done whatever it was that they ended up doing, sending the QB-needy teams into a panic. Who knows?

I wasn't excited about Nix before the draft, to be honest. The reason for my bullishness now is that in any scenario, our immediate future is going to be tied to Sean Payton. It doesn't matter if we like that or don't like it. It's just reality. And I feel that Payton's enthusiasm about Nix was genuine. So, Payton having the guy he wants eliminates a giant hurdle (or excuse, depending on your perspective) with shortening the path to being competitive again.
DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote