Thread: Football ***2024 NFL Free Agency***
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2024, 02:36 PM   #5305
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Even without him (Johnson), though, we have McDuffie, Williams, Watson, and Jones to go along with being about 5 deep at S, and that's to say nothing of Kamal Hadden, whom I've heard the Chiefs were thrilled to pick up where they did.

Maybe we need another body, though I love watching the young guys get to learn and grow.
The fact that Williams/Watson jockeyed positions for as long as they did makes me a little nervous. It wasn't because one kept stealing the job - it was because neither really separated himself.

That said, it really did seem like Williams took control of that job down the stretch. And I think I'm pretty confident in him. I'm more worried about CB3 and what we'll do in the event of the inevitable injury in the defensive backfield.

Conner I do think will be a big part of the answer next season. I think he'll be able to step up and maybe be more of a full time NCB than pure backup safety. I loved his range though I do wonder if he'll have the feet to stay in guys pockets when he's asked to step into the slot.

I think in an ideal world, Jaylen Watson remains a backup rather than someone who's seeing 40 snaps/gm. I just think he got exposed a little last season. It wouldn't take much for us to have to lean pretty heavily on him and I don't love that.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.