View Single Post
Old 05-02-2024, 02:08 PM   #30
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by phisherman View Post
10 minute pace to 8 minute pace is a big change. Height/stride length makes a pretty big difference though. I'm a short dude so I have to work a bit harder to get to that 8 minute pace than someone that is 6'3" and 1 of his strides equals 1.5 of mine.

I'm only 5' 8" so I get it. Assuming the person is relatively healthy and of at least average height, 8 minute miles shouldn't be that hard with regular practice, imo.

I mean, I ran competitively in HS and a little in college, so maybe I'm not the right person to ask, but I was still able to run sub 8-minute miles (barely, like 7:45+) until I was around 45, with bad knees and ankles. Mostly I think it's a question of proper mechanics and breath control. I mean, 8 minute/miles is only like 7.5 mph. That's a quick jog.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.