View Single Post
Old 04-30-2024, 11:23 AM   #1404
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
I don't see any way for the Lakers to get good enough to beat Denver unless another star somehow falls into their lap. I still think LeBron will return to LA to finish his career (despite his non-committal response last night), but it looks like he may force them into drafting Bronny to sit on the bench before he does.

I was also quite impressed by Jordi Fernandez when he coached Canada at the World Cup last summer. He had those guys playing hard and organized and they ultimately ended up beating USA for the bronze for their best result in program history.
If you can get a 2nd player on par with Murray and see your top 3 as AD - StarX - LeBron then that's viable in comparison to Jokic, Murray, MPJ.

If you can do it while holding onto Reaves, you can go 4 deep with those 4 plus Gordon on the Nuggets side.

But like you said, not sure exactly how you do that. Trae Young seems to be the only real available option. And ultimately Russell can blow the whole damn thing apart by opting out. That's really the wild-card. If he opts out, all hell breaks lose for LA, IMO. Salary matches become nearly impossible and you don't open a cap spot in the process. It would be a disaster for them.

So you try to leverage some sort of a sign and trade if that's even viable under the current league rules (I've lost track of when/how these vested veterans can be dealt).

So ultimately that's the first hurdle to clear - figuring out what Russell is going to do. Because a lot of the off-season hinges on that decision.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.