Thread: Football Broncos news megathread
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 10:34 PM   #72435
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
I didn't say he would be as good as Brees. I said that physically Nix can do everything that Brees could. Nix is also more mobile than Brees.

However, Brees didn't arrive in New Orleans as some accurate, superstar QB. Are you saying that Payton had nothing to do with the development of Brees, and his greatness would have been undeniable under any head coach?

I know Brees has a SB, was very accurate, and threw for a ton of yards. He has one SB ring. Was he really better than Rivers? Would Brees have done what Rivers couldn't in San Diego? Would Rivers have flourished even more under Payton, if he had been the one Marty traded?

From all accounts, Payton was one of the only other head coaches who saw what Mahomes could be. He reportedly said that their private workout with Nix after his pro day was almost or nearly as impressive as his workout with Mahomes.

I know the Broncos have been a clown show, but I think Nix is going to be successful. I personally, and obviously, hope he is a disaster, but I just feel like he fits with Sean Payton.
Throwing with elite accuracy is physical, is it not?

And accuracy was always a strength of Brees.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.