Thread: Chiefs Veach did it again
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2024, 12:36 AM   #61
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
This was a defining draft for Veach IMO. It's an absolute homerun.

Every single player went later than I would have thought possible and he stuck to his guns and they fell perfectly. DT would have been nice but I can't even complain about it.
I agree, this is his best draft ever.

I wanted a WR, and I liked BTJ, but trading that far up was always unlikely, so I was hoping for Mitchell, Worthy, Coleman, etc.

Then, after we signed Hollywood, I switched to LT, and I said I would draft Kingsley Suamataia at 32.

And earlier this year, I suggested that Wiley looked like a guy that had a lot of same traits as Kelce, and I chose him over Theo Johnson, Stover, and the Texas TE.

I know this is stupid, but I still do kinda have a problem with Veach drafting, and that's the fact that he will throw numbers at every position of need except receiver.

IDGAF if Reid doesn't play rookie receivers. Veach has to ignore that, and build a team of weapons for Mahomes. And honestly, even though he has won 3 rings with the Chiefs, Reid needs to get over being biased against rookie receivers, especially if we are sending our guys away as soon as they deserve the bag.

And it would keep us from paying JAGs like MVS $11 million dollars a year.

Also, hamstringing your star QB should never be the strategy, and that's what they did to Mahomes last year. Yeah, the WR room is much better this year, but drafting multiple receivers is the only way to get out of the draft one and hope & then sign FA cycle.

But, right now, this draft has been amazing.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.