View Single Post
Old 04-26-2024, 03:52 PM   #48
Veteran

I played with some mock draft simulators to look at the second round. The top remaining names at OT seemed to be going in the middle of the round, so I looked at trading up and chose New Orleans where our OT names would still be available. They're in the other conference and I figured they probably wouldn't be too opposed to trading with us.

I'm not saying this deal is necessarily realistic, but the simulator wasn't just allowing any trade I wanted. I was able to move up from #64 to #45 by trading:

KC gives
2025 2nd
2025 3rd

NO gives
2025 2nd

Everything depends on how closely the simulator mirrors reality in trade compensation and how closely their draft board mirrors the way the draft plays out, but this looks like it says that we could trade up without too much cost to the point where we get one of the OT names that we'd want at this point.
RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.