View Single Post
Old 04-23-2024, 02:18 AM   #130
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
I wouldn't be so sure of that. There's really only one way out of this, and it's being bad enough to have a shot at drafting a franchise QB, while being good enough not to waste or ruin him once you do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
I agree, I think signing Wilson means they are probably drafting a QB.

However, he was the 2nd overall pick, and has a lot of physical talent. He is going to fail if he starts this season, but it's also possible that he learns from Payton, and is a better QB in the future.

Let's remember that the Steelers cut Len Dawson, or let's remember Kurt Warner's journey to becoming a star QB. Successful QBs don't always find said success with the team that drafted them.

QB is probably the hardest position in sports to accurately evaluate at the highest professional level. For every Peyton Manning there are probably 10 Ryan Leafs, or Andrew Lucks versus Trey Lances, etc.

Or even worse, you have situations like drafting a Todd Blackledge over a Jim Kelly or a Dan Marino.
I think it is more of a sign, they are not going to try and move up to get one of the top 4 qb's, and will not take a qb with their first round pick. Take a qb later to develop and what is one more to the developmental mix.
Shields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote