Thread: Chiefs How to Live to 120
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2024, 12:40 AM   #7
Veteran

My Dad turned 100 March 8. He was doing well until he was 94, but the last 6 years have been a struggle. He's now has to use a walker and gets really confused by intense dreams which he often can't distinguish from reality.

However, convince him that he was having a dream and he still tracks quite well otherwise. Course, I'm used to him being brilliant, which he no longer can even come close to.

(At 93, he was trying to teach me the ABC's of interpreting an EKG bc I have a prolapsed mitral valve).

I would be ok living to 120 if I'm as fit as Jack La Lanne was at 95.

The thing is, this guy isn't a nut. I have been following anti aging theory since graduate school and his dietary and supplement regimen bears a striking similarity to my own. Most of what he does is based on reasonable interpretation of current data.

His emphasis on EVO is a bit out of wack. But part of that is he sells it on his site for more than double the price of good, 3rd party tested EVO.

Not sure always having a fresh made harvest is worth what he's charging for it in terms of health benefit. Like most who hawk supplements, they're overpriced with the justification that they're using better sources.

I would REALLY like to see him test biomarkers of someone using his protocol with available stuff on the market vs his branded supplements in a double blind test. Funny how these guys NEVER do that.

Btw, there is a guy named David Sinclair who believes he can wind back the cellular clock. Basically, take a 70 yo person, do his molecular bio tricks on their DNA, and make them cellularly 25 or so

Sounds crazy, but he's doing it in mice. Says he might have a therapy for humans in 10 years or so. If this comes to pass, living past 120 will become common.

Of course, 80 yrs ago, the Nazis kept claiming they would cure cancer. They weren't bullshitting, they really believed it. They actually had good reason to think they could do it, bc they had a guy named Otto Warburg who won the nobel prize in 1939 or so for the discovery that cancer cells used glucose for respiration instead of O2.

Since German big pharma had invented a drug called metformin (which reduces blood sugar) in the mid 30s, they though it was just a matter of fiddling bf they could figure out how to starve the cancer.

Well, 80 yrs later, we haven't cured cancer. Basically bc they didn't foresee that cancer cells can switch respiration to other molecules (such as cyanide or sulfur) if glucose isn't available.

Bottom line, Sinclair probably faces hurdles he doesn't yet see to create a human therapy based on his work with mice. However, hanging around long enough for Sinclair's aging treatment to become a reality could pay off in spades.

Last edited by JohnnyV13; 04-22-2024 at 01:12 AM..
JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote