Thread: Other Sports Caitlin Clark is ****ing awesome
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 01:03 PM   #1793
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Women need to watch. It can’t just be dudes keeping women’s sports alive.

There’s some lesbian sports bar in Portland that only shows women’s sporting events. At least they’re leading by example. I couldn’t get my wife to watch a WNBA game for anything. She will willingly watch the Royals. Never seen her tune in for a softball game.
I listened to a podcast on this. There’s some chicken and egg stuff going on too. The idea behind this particular sports bar was that a bar like BWs often will not even show women’s sports even if they were asked to. So arguably a lot of people don’t watch women’s sports simply because they are not exposed to it.
I don’t think it’s a lesbian bar. It’s just owned by lesbians. I’m guessing it’s a place where lots of teen girls playing sports go to watch games too.

So to some extent the question is if someone truly invested in some of these women’s sports leagues would they thrive? Womens volleyball is a perfect example. It’s booming in Europe. And women’s soccer is only just now starting to his ground. And that volleyball trend seems to be carrying over nicely in the US. These are sports where arguably the league didn’t take off because people didn’t invest in it, not because there was never any interest.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.