Thread: 2024 WR Class
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 07:40 AM   #2448
Veteran

Great point here. I agree but I wouldn’t mind moving up in the 2nd for one the last of the top 15 WRs. Here’s a story from the athletic.

Three in 2024's loaded WR class
Today marks the start of our Meet the Prospects series, where you'll meet three prospects each day. The only catch: One is a mystery (with their name at the end of each newsletter, but you won't need to check, right?).

We'll begin at WR. It's the deepest class in years, with a total of 17 (!!) WRs in Dane Brugler's mid-February top 100. Today, we cover three big, athletic X-receivers. All sit a tier below elite in most rankings, with their spot in The Athletic’s consensus Big Board in brackets.

1. Texas WR Adonai Mitchell (29) has been called "80% of CeeDee Lamb."

Sam Khan Jr., who covers college football in Texas for The Athletic, said Mitchell, 21, has all the traits to be successful. At the combine, he joined DK Metcalf as the only WR prospects to run a 40-yard dash in 4.35 seconds or less, measure at least 6'2, and weigh at least 205 lbs.

“At Texas, he was adept at catching back-shoulder throws, excelled at tracking deep balls and adjusting his body accordingly,” Khan added. Exhibit A.👇

There are still questions around his consistency (including lazy route running, which he addressed at the combine) and refinement, but Mitchell's upside should keep him in or near the first round.

2. FSU WR Keon Coleman (38) has been mocked to Detroit, who drafts at No. 29. "The size, the leaping ability, the underutilized yards-after-catch skill in his game" was Lions beat reporter Colton Pouncy's explanation, and I get it.

Draft expert Nick Baumgardner on the 20-year-old Coleman: "Some seemed down on him after he ran a 4.62, but I’d caution against it. Coleman’s 10-yard split (1.54 seconds) was good and, most importantly, his on-field testing looked smooth. Remember: Puka Nacua ran a 4.57 40 (with a 1.62 split) last year."

As Dane Brugler has noted, Coleman is at his best winning at the catch point. Here's an example.👇

Underdog Fantasy via YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith11 View Post
blueprint for a solid passing attack without a #1 pick or WR#1...

2023 Packers WRs were ...

watson 2nd yr rd 2 pick
doubs 2nd yr rd 4 pick
reed R rd 2 pick
wicks R rd 5 pick
melton 1st yr player fa

and at te

musgrave R rd 2 pick
kraft R rd 3 pick
kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.