Thread: Home and Auto What color Corvette would you buy?
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2024, 05:05 AM   #22
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Saw this beauty in my office parking lot back in Virginia about 10 years ago.

I think it's about a '53 or '54
I believe it is a 56 or 57, never could tell the difference between the two, but a 53/54 is a bit different, with raised tail light housings and they only came with an in line "stove bolt six."

The 56 and later had a nice sloped back like in your picture. Beautiful cars, unlike the over the top new vettes that look like something out of a scifi movie.

I owned a 66 Vette convertible for a short while but wouldn't care to own one of the new ones, but I chose red in the poll.

The red one below is a 53 and the blue one is a 57. Quite a few subtle differences.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	53 vette.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	127340   Click image for larger version

Name:	57 vette.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	127341  
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote