Thread: 2024 WR Class
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2024, 04:24 PM   #2346
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Both Legette and Mitchell has some obfuscating context that makes it hard to get a confidently reliable read on how much of their potential they can meet.

Legette is physically a little more imposing/thicker, and his top gear seens a bit higher. He pops off the screen physically.

But both are elite athletes with profiles you get excited about.

Mitchell has played in bad offenses (Georgia) that don't throw the ball, and in a pass-friendly offense with a lot of other talent (Texas) and a QB who doesn't throw great deep balls or with good anticipation.

Legette was a converted HS-QB who also has dealt with a car or motorcyle accident setting that interrupted a year, and played only his last 2 seasons with a coach who could design a competent offense and had a competent QB under center.

I think you can find enough to explain lack of production for each player, without doing any gymnastics mentally.
One of the things that doesn't get talked about as much as it should is drops. Both players have very few drops, I think sub 7% is where you want a receiver to be. Anything over that is kind of a red flag IMHO. By the time the draft rolls around, I think you either know how to catch a ball or you don't. Either you have the mental focus and discipline to catch the ball or you don't. Have we ever seen a brick hands receiver in college suddenly become reliable in the NFL?

Both are under 5%, and AM has under 2%. If I was choosing between the two, I'd take Legette, just because I think his ceiling is higher. Dude looks like he could be an absolute beast if he continues to develop.

• Johnny Wilson: 16.1%
• Javon Baker: 10.6%
• Devontez Walker: 8.5%
• Troy Franklin: 7.3%
• Keon Coleman: 7.2%
• Marvin Harrison Jr: 6.9%
• Ladd McConkey: 6.3%
• Xavier Worthy: 5.4%
• Malik Nabers: 4.9%
• Xavier Legette: 4.8%
• Rome Odunze: 4.8%
• Ja’Lynn Polk: 4.8%
• Brian Thomas Jr: 3.8%
• Adonai Mitchell: 1.7%
kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.