Thread: Home and Auto EV Cars/Trucks
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2024, 08:53 PM   #162
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurroundedByMorons View Post
Appreciate the detail. Has it saved you any money? I feel like my power bill is too high for what we have, so I have been looking at these products to get a detailed baseline. Curious if it will show an appliance running 24/7 or if it will be adding yet another electronic device sucking power...
Eh, tough to say. I originally got it to help troubleshoot some problems we were having with our AC, and it did do that. (My HVAC guy was impressed that I could give him a chart that showed the exact second the condenser shut off.)

Beyond that, it's helped me to understand how much energy it takes to run my furnace blower 24/7 and allowed me to fine tune the right blower speed to balance circulation and cost.

Most everything else is mostly just for fun, but it's definitely interesting. Depending on what you're trying to troubleshoot, a Kill A Watt meter costs like $30 and can help you understand the energy usage of anything that plugs into a standard 120 outlet. That's where I'd start if you don't already have one. I use mine all the time to get a feel for how much juice random appliances are pulling.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.