View Single Post
Old 03-18-2024, 11:35 AM   #225
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
It's not about need. It's about the value of the 5th year option - that's all.

Now if you're the Raiders and your position is "hey, that's a problem for 4 years from now; meanwhile I need that 3rd rounder to fix problems I have right this very second..." then I get it.

But man, QBs are just so damn expensive. There's the possibility of that 5th year option have $10-$20 million in surplus value.

It'd be an interesting study really - what's the 'cash value' of a 3rd round pick on average. And what's the cash value of the average 5th year option season?
Yep, they're expensive, but when you find a good one you pay them because they'll be worth it. If I found one in R2 along with a guy to protect his right side for cheap for 5 years, as well as a 3rd pick to round out the team I'd take it. Lord knows the Raiders need picks too. So yeah I think your evaluation of my approach is about right
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.