View Single Post
Old 03-18-2024, 09:51 AM   #224
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
Except I don't think I need to take him late in the 1st. I get him where I got him, keep my picks to build round him as best I can. If he's Jalen Hurts, great, if he blows, oh well, hopefully the next guy has a little more talent around him when I ditch Nix.
It's not about need. It's about the value of the 5th year option - that's all.

Now if you're the Raiders and your position is "hey, that's a problem for 4 years from now; meanwhile I need that 3rd rounder to fix problems I have right this very second..." then I get it.

But man, QBs are just so damn expensive. There's the possibility of that 5th year option have $10-$20 million in surplus value.

It'd be an interesting study really - what's the 'cash value' of a 3rd round pick on average. And what's the cash value of the average 5th year option season?
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.