View Single Post
Old 03-07-2024, 01:21 PM   #13867
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Eh maybe, I'm not necessarily opposed to an income strategy in retirement. I don't think I'd probably go with those covered call type funds, but interestingly if you compare SPYI to JEPQ, JEPQ will outperform the covered call fund, but the income (cash dividends) is actually higher out of SPYI. If a guy is trying to live off dividends and keep his nut together, I don't necessarily hate it.

Still better in something like JEPQ over the intermediate-long term, but it's not always self-destructive in all cases.

EDIT: Link to test
Love that Back test analysis tool

I plugged in NVDY and holy crap, then I plugged in Cony and that didn't make sense. CONY has blown the doors off since inception but it's showing a negative value. Thanks for that, I'll be tooling around with it tonight
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote