Thread: 2024 WR Class
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2024, 09:10 AM   #1985
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
We need a dangerous slot and a move Z. And for those guys, you need guys that can run all day long because that's how Andy Reid uses them.

Are there things I don't like about Franklin, Worthy, McConkey, and Wilson? Abso****inglutely. But I like their type for what we need and the offense we run alot more than some of these other fringe guys like Coleman, Mitchell, and Corley. Give me the guys that can run the yard at 100% the entire game.
I don’t disagree with the need you’ve described but I could see us going in a variety of ways to make this work. We need a field stretcher but I don’t know that we need to spend a high pick on that position if they have holes in their game. I agree with some of the concerns with Franklin. And he’s the field stretcher, MVS replacement, that we all covet that can stretch the field. We all want that but Franklin has had the benefit of that college scheme. His build up speed problems and his problems with hands were limited in the system. I’m not sure how well his game translates to the pro game. There are other ways to meet those needs as you’ve described. We need a deep threat but that doesn’t mean that we couldn’t employ a big slot. I loved watching Larry Fitzgerald playing in the slot and I could see Coleman being a player like that. We could go later in the draft for our field stretcher or via free agency. I’m not forcing myself to pick for that need. Let’s just pick players that we can project their success in our system. Use free agency for a deep threat if we don’t project their success. That’s what we did with MVS. We just missed on the signing.
kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote