Thread: Alpha WR's
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2024, 01:45 PM   #188
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I like Mitchell, and have liked him (I think he was my first pick in the first offseason exercise I ran, or maybe in the second). I don't like him as much as you.

But still... I don't think 4.35 shows up very often on the field. The long TD down the middle against Texas where he has to track the ball over a shoulder is the only one highlight that really shows off that type of speed.

Better to have it in the tank than not have it, of course. And I know he did the interview where he talked about running routes at 80 percent or whatever to stay fresh all game. But I do think he'll have to give closer to max effort on all his routes in the NFL to be effective at that level.
I sort of agree but also re MahomesMagic's point on smoothness. He also seems to really vary his speeds to lull DBs, to be honest it's one of the things I liked about him. The variation in releases, speeds...it feels deliberate. He isn't going 4.35 most routes and it's by design, but there's also flashes in routes where he absolutely looks that quick to me, it's just in 10 yard bursts not 40. Just my 2 cents.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.