View Single Post
Old 02-28-2024, 08:42 AM   #6
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
I think there needs to be a separate cap for just the QB position. It’s the Mahomes impact of the cap that leads us to the problem and it’s a problem that’s not just related to the leagues best qb. Teams are committing huge sums on money every year to even just OK qbs. So maybe it’s time to do something different for the position. Encourage teams to draft and develop QBs. Give them space to develop qbs on the roster.
Or, maybe quarterbacks need to stop resetting the market. Who cares if you're making $30M per year instead of $50M per year if it's more money than you could ever possibly spend? I get wanting to get paid what you're worth. But when is enough enough? And don't start about the owner can afford it. The teams not only have a salary cap, but a salary floor. And most teams are up against the cap every year. So it's the rest of the team that is paying that exorbitant salary in reality. They're either going to pay a quarterback $50+ million per year, or they're going to pay their talent in other places. It's crazy to me that quarterbacks are getting paid so much now at the expense of the rest of the team
jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.jjchieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.