Thread: Home and Auto Tesla Cybertruck
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2024, 09:00 PM   #575
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Yeah, that ****ing sucks.

I want some sort of autopilot pretty bad. I drive a lot of miles on county roads that it obviously wouldn't work on, but there are a lot of highway miles that I would get a TON of value out of mentally checking out for a few minutes.

I've long said that Automated driving will outperform humans, but the liability will fall on the manufacturers, and that will be a problem.

Obviously I was wrong on it shitcanning the whole thing, but it looks like the lawyers are still fighting.

How long until someone Jailbreaks a Tesla? LOL
My guess is it will take an act of congress to carve out an exception for automated cars.

If China/Japan/Europe have successfully* deployed driverless cars and the USA has not, maybe, and who knows with our politics...

There might be enough public push to have a liability law where driverless car wrecks are treated more like regular car wrecks with insurance as opposed to the type of liability Boeing would face for deploying a dangerous airplane.

*Successfully being defined as say something like 1/10 the accident and death rate of human drivers but not requiring a zero rate.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.