Thread: Home and Auto Tesla Cybertruck
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2024, 09:51 AM   #563
El Gato Gordo Loco

So the NHTSA has ****ed Tesla. I was going to buy a new Tesla. Test drove all of them. Was confused why the Auto Pilot (Not Full Self Driving) sucked so bad. On new Teslas with the cabin camera it constantly nags and disengages autopilot. I started reading and found out two months ago NHTSA forced Tesla to make these changes and to monitor a drivers eyes with the cabin camera. So if you look away for 2 seconds to update the map, change the station or song, look out the window it auto nags. Its not even worth using anymore.

I know folks will claim this is great for safety but now there is no point to even use it. Id rather just drive normally and be distracted that way. Studies shown that prior older vehicles that didnt track the eyes and just relied on periodic pressure to the steering wheel for their autopilot nags was much safer than cars that just did not have auto pilot. Because in a real world environment people will always get tired, always get distracted etc. Distracted on autopilot > distracted not on it. Now people are just not going to use AP because its so annoying and actually makes a drive more stressful.

So I see no reason to get rid of my old Tesla where autopilot works fine and my face isn't tracked to nag me every time Im not a driving zombie. Im sure Elons persona did him no favors with the NHTSA.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.