Thread: Movies and TV HBO: True Detective
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2024, 07:10 PM   #1389
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Zach| View Post
I guess I do not really understand why something has to be so rigidly set in these lanes you set up to be good.

Mysterious possibly supernatural things being explained by a more realistic series of events feels like a pretty well worn path that a lot of good movies\shows have followed.
While I agree with you that generally this is possible, in this case it lead to having really weak plot lines that were a waste of time and diluted the show. Pete and his wife is a good example. She gets super upset with him for working really hard for a few days and suddenly this is basically grounds for divorce? Not even acknowledging, you know, the huge unsolved murder that might be a little more important than your test, which is right at Christmas for some reason. And of course in the last episode she kisses him and all is forgiven...?

Spoiler!

Last edited by SithCeNtZ; 02-19-2024 at 07:34 PM..
SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.SithCeNtZ is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote