Thread: Home and Auto Buying a new pickup
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2024, 10:48 AM   #21
Supporter

Nice! Enjoy it bud.

Also, I'm thankful for my dealer. He doesn't pull any shit.

Here's my experience. Remember that I'm likely treating mine differently than yours, but here's been my experience.

I haven't been buying new ones. I've been buying low mileage used and churning them pretty regularly. I put a boatload of miles on them down some truly garbage roads. It has treated me decent enough because I dump them while they still have value and before they start to get really bad country road problems.

Moving forward, I won't run out of warranty. The following is just my experience, so grain of salt and all, but it's what happened. In 2022 we had the following happen:

Dad's 2019 Silverado with 56K miles broke a lifter
My 2021 Sierra with 22K broke a lifter
Mom's 2022 Sierra with like 3K dumped a transmission

All covered by warranty, but it was impactful. I don't work the drivetrain too hard. I carry a lot of weight in tools every miles, but rarely tow anything more than a 4 wheeler. Maybe it was COVID supply chain problems, IDK. But I'm not running mine out of warranty anymore.

Now, extended warranties are cheaper these days than they used to be, especially if you get them from a reputable dealer.

Also, if you have any equity in a cooperative, you used to be able to get a fleet discount through Land O Lakes. I did one in 2021, and it mattered. It was a decent chunk of change off and they moved the warranty out to 100K miles. I don't know what the terms are these days, but I'm pretty sure you still have to have equity in a cooperative.

Good luck, and enjoy it, they are goddamned nice.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote