View Single Post
Old 02-09-2024, 01:57 PM   #438
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
I've gained 5lbs the last few months but I've gotten much stronger in that same timeframe. Finally benched 315 on Tuesday which I have been chasing off and on for a long time. Not bad for 5'11" @ 185lbs.

Less running, more protein, and doing 5x5 has paid off. Also did this while doing a mostly low carb diet but I have been killing my protein intake. Plan to go back to more carb balanced starting Sunday but I am going to try to cut calories for the next 4 weeks to get ready for Mexico.

Yeah, I think the difference for me has been strict adherence to proper form, pushing to failure consistently, being more strict about my eating. I've been meal prepping the last month and a half, and making sure I'm intaking protein on a schedule, particularly later in the day when i normally would get a little lazy about that.

And now I'm doing unassisted pull-ups for the first time since 2016 again. just 4-5 at a time, but it's been years since I could even do one, and I'm heavier now than I was back then, so it's progress.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote