Thread: Life Sleep Apnea...
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2024, 08:03 PM   #165
Veteran

Quote:
Doctor was really concerned with my plunging O2 levels during the episodes as they put a lot of stress on my heart. My resting heart rate was in the 55 range and skyrocket to 115 during the peak of my stoppages.
What bewilders me is that you really didn't know. You suspected though.

Quote:
You'll probably lose a shit-ton of weight after you get your machine. The amount of cortisol coursing through your system due to those episodes is pretty mind-boggling.
I was hoping for a weight loss. I didn't materialize Yep, cortisol is not helpful in this instance. "Fight v Flight"

Quote:
I use a little lanolin cream around the edge of my nostrils and that keeps the nasal pillows from irritating them. I get the nipple cream from Walmart (pause here for the jokes). A tube lasts about six months. It really makes a difference.

Walmart recently started selling a generic version that's about $3 cheaper but I don't care for it. It's thicker and stickier and has a more chemical smell.
Good to know! I went with the large pillows even though the medium fit better. The large don't go up as far. I also loosened the strap so they don't get shoved up my nose as much.

And, as a final thought, using a CPap will take some time to adjust to as you sleep. The body is malleable over time.
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.