Thread: Life Sleep Apnea...
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2024, 01:10 AM   #161
Go Beavers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holladay View Post
A side note. I am trying the nasal pillow mask. I have been using one that is flat the goes under the nose. The new one has little bunions that go part way into the nose instead of flat up against the nose. They irritate the inside of my nose at the opening. I have only used it 2 times, but it wakes me up.
I use a little lanolin cream around the edge of my nostrils and that keeps the nasal pillows from irritating them. I get the nipple cream from Walmart (pause here for the jokes). A tube lasts about six months. It really makes a difference.

Walmart recently started selling a generic version that's about $3 cheaper but I don't care for it. It's thicker and stickier and has a more chemical smell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Is it easy to get tangled up in the hose or accidentally have the unit get dragged off your nightstand?
I'm a side sleeper and have always found the hose the biggest pain in the butt. If I'm on my side facing the machine, the weight of the hose pulls my mask to the side and makes it leak a little. If I'm facing the other way, the hose drapes across me and I can get a little tangled in it. Plus, it's cold if it hits bare skin.

They do make masks that vent out at the top of your head so you can run the hose up under the headboard where it's out of the way. I don't have that kind so I bought a cheapy hose lift and that solved the problem and gets it out of the way.

Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Frosty 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.