Thread: Home and Auto How did 2023 treat you?
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2023, 10:39 AM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Off topic, but would love to know your thoughts on a Peloton. I think a lazy **** like me this might get me to work out if it's in the other room. I don't really need the social motivation, but the virtual rides and stuff sound cool.
When you get to a certain age, I think you become familiar with what works and what doesn't. I knew buying an expensive piece of cardio equipment that relied on me to self motivate and design workouts would fail.

What's great about the Peloton is the live leader boards for both live and recorded workouts. I've never done a live workout, but any recently recorded ride will have at least 100 riders with you if not more, and I find that motivational to try and beat people that started around when you did.

There's seemingly dozens of instructors. I've found a couple I really jive with, and you know what kind of soundtrack each ride will be before you start. I can easily burn 550 cals in 30 minutes, and I've hit 700 cals burned in 45 mins. I've got almost a 20 week streak of hitting 2 workouts weekly, usually doing 3 which is unheard of for me and cardio (I ****ing hate cardio, especially running).

The last point is that I've never felt close to being injured at all this last year, which isn't something I could say for any of my running routines. If you can afford the $45 monthly charge, I really can't say enough good things.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote