View Single Post
Old 12-21-2023, 03:57 PM   #1621
Abandoned Former Rams Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdj23 View Post
That's kinda what i was getting at. I'd take a Wacha reunion over Matz or Lynn
I just don't understand the thought process behind wasting significant money on pitchers of the Lynn/Gibson caliber. If you can't call up a pitcher from the minors to put up innings with a 5+ ERA then your minor leagues are a miserable failure. Why not spend a little more to get something that you have a decent chance to get a quality performance out of & fill in the "replacement level" players from the minors for low salary. It's something they constantly do, like paying Corey Dickerson $5 million when he'd had an OPS in the low .700's for 2 seasons. You should have been able to use a minor leaguer for the minimum salary to post a sub .700 OPS & spent the remainder to get an actual good player.
ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.ScareCrowe would the whole thing.