View Single Post
Old 12-11-2023, 09:27 PM   #38718
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
I absolutely understand being loyal. It's admirable. But Reid can let loyalty blind him.

I hate Bellicheat. Can't stand that asshole. But, if drops were this bad on one of his Brady teams, he would have cut someone when it became an obvious problem, and the drops would have stopped.

Reid just can't hold players accountable that way. I love Reid, but maybe that is how BB turned all his conference championship games into Super Bowls, and Reid just had a lot of conference championship games and only one SB appearance before he landed the greatest QB in history.

Having said all that, I do believe when you are the best player in the world, the face of the league, and already a first ballot HOFer after 7 years, your words carry a lot of weight. If Reid and Nagy won't hold the receivers accountable, then Mahomes is the only one who can.

I would love to read an article about how the Chiefs receivers held a receivers only meeting, and they acknowledged how they are the laughing stock of the league, and they are going to hold each other accountable, and about how they have vowed to put in the extra work it's going to take to fix the problem.

Unfortunately, no article like that is coming. MVS is so oblivious to reality, when asked about his struggles this season, he said he had no idea what the reporter meant.

Now, maybe the outburst by Mahomes will be enough to wake the receivers TF up to their need to take responsibility and to take steps to correct the issues.
Belichick might be pretty ruthless with the players, but he seems to have a soft spot for his assistant coaches. Too loyal with some of his coaching staff. That's how he got the insane idea of putting Joe Judge & Matt Patricia in the offensive coordinator job, even though neither of those guys had a background on the offensive side of the ball.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.