View Single Post
Old 12-05-2023, 12:32 PM   #470
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

And here's the basis for any 'expertise' I have here...

Did that playing softball. Toe-picked it sliding, came over top of it. The foot came out forward as my body slid forward over top of it. So for that to happen, it had to have been facing backwards when it dislocated. So I'm betting a slow-mo replay of that would've been pretty damn gnarly.

'bout 4 months later and runnings still not a thing. I can do about anything else I want, but I had to have a tightrope (a couple holes drilled and a glorified come-along) placed in the joint to stabilize it while the ligaments heal. Ultimately ligaments will only heal so fast. There's just not a lot rehab can do to speed up healing on a ligament - the rehab just makes sure you get a complete recovery over a similar timeline.

So if there's a chance he's back for the post-season, he doesn't have that instability that I had. He didn't have to have the hardware installed. And I just can't see any way you pry a foot out of that joint WITHOUT doing enough damage to create that instability; the body isn't designed that way. If it comes all the way out, SOMETHING failed pretty catastrophically.

So I'm betting it wasn't a full dislocation.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.