Thread: Movies and TV Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2023, 11:55 AM   #495
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Yeah, just trying to do some Wikipedia surfing to see what I might need to know and I find out 'Wait - the captain is a mutinous former first officer who started an interstellar war that's led to the deaths of millions. And Starfleet is like - 'eh, bygones. You can be the captain of this cool new ship'...no thanks, I'm out"

That show looks friggen awful. They time jump midway through to try to salvage it I guess? Wtf?
I assume that was the intent behind that move (in addition to providing an explanation about why Spock's "sister" was never mentioned), but it made the show exponentially worse. I think there's a decent argument Discovery is one of the worst shows on television at this point. I also assume CBS has recognized it sucks because they're mercifully ending it next year.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.