Thread: Movies and TV *The NEW Movies Thread*
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2023, 10:47 AM   #4167
Needs more middle fingers

Went to the movies Friday night and watched "The Exorcism: Believer".

I thought it was a worthy sequel, while understanding it's impossible to recapture the magic of the original.

A bit of a slow burn for much of the movie, it had my wife falling asleep. In her words, "it sucked".

I thought it did a decent job of pushing the boundaries on what we "expect to happen" and throwing some slight curveballs. The two little girls did an excellent job.

I think the exorcism itself was good, but too short. Simply wasn't enough focus on the exorcism considering the run time on the movie. I think they did a good job on the exorcism, just wasn't enough of it.

With that said, i'm not sure the bi-racial angle was necessary at all, and it forced a narrative at the end of the movie that i'm surprised the MAGA culture hasn't whined about already.

The bi-religious angle was also odd, as the movie tried to blend catholicism and... voodoo? I'm not sure what it is that "the blacks" were supposed to be practicing as i don't recall it ever being defined in the movie. I think we're suppose to assume it's some sort of Haitian voodooo/witch craft, but again, i don't know.

In Summary: Too much time developing characters and not enough time being a horror movie. Good for a few jump scares, the little girls did awesome, the possesed versions of themselves were well done. It was a quality movie and well produced for the most part. Didn't feel cheap or rushed. It lacked some magic and at the end of the day, was not immune to "The Message" as Black Man Good, White Man Bad permeated through out the movie and ultimately ended on it.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.