Thread: Other Sports The Fishing Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2023, 08:35 PM   #3249
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
I couldn't even really roll cast it because the current pulled the heavy flies down. I'd have to make a first roll cast to get the flies up, then lob them over.

No, I don't have time to tie anymore! I get most of my flies now from big Y because they're affordable. I bought these flies from the local shop though because I like to support small business. I'll generally tie my own things that aren't stocked or tied well at big Y.

Yeah, with really heavy/long stuff I have to usually do a snake roll just to get the flies up, then a roll cast. Sometimes I have to aim about 6 feet above the water, if the rig is heavy/long enough.

i buy flies from Big Y too!

When i was in MT last summer we stopped in to this tiny little burg i don't remember the name of (Connor? Connell?) and they had a flyshop in a toolshed (maybe 18ft by 12ft?). The owner tied flies, and i bought a half dozen of these bullethead rubber-legged caddis just to support the shop, and coax him into giving me some decent info about the fishing. Dang things worked really well, but I forgot the name of the shop, so I can't order more, lol.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote