View Single Post
Old 09-29-2023, 08:40 PM   #5382
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdj23 View Post
I'll research that. I believe i can reasonably rule out a blown head gasket/cracked block type problem. But i don't want the turbo to fail either and some people online say that can be a problem with these things.

That sounds expensive and Bob Dole doesn't need this.
A lot of times, when a turbo car isn't driven hard on an occasional basis, a small amount of oil can pool up in the intercooler.

It causes no problems. When you pushed the engine in that situation, it is possible some of that oil got blown up and through the engine, causing the smoke you saw.

It may sound strange, but it can be beneficial to occasionally push the car a little harder. Used to be called an Italian tuneup.
Arch Stanton is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutArch Stanton is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutArch Stanton is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutArch Stanton is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutArch Stanton is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutArch Stanton is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutArch Stanton is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutArch Stanton is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutArch Stanton is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutArch Stanton is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutArch Stanton is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote