Thread: Football Onside kick discussion
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2023, 01:33 PM   #12
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
I brought this up in the MNF thread so I assume it wasn't seen by many.

Teams are going to have to try something different the way onside kicks are done now the odds of recovery is basically zero.

I proposed the idea of the kicker just drilling it as hard as he possibly can right at one of the upmen, no way dude is catching it then you get a live ball deflection.

Any other ideas out there?
I've thought about the "drill it at them" strategy before, I think someone tried it once against the Chiefs and the guy in the center of the field basically played dodge ball, it was pretty impressive.

The only other option is some kind of very lofted chip shot, try and get 2 seconds of hang time but with the ball only going a minimal distance and enough time to make it a jump ball for your own team?

Are you allowed a drop kick?
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli