View Single Post
Old 09-17-2023, 07:51 AM   #258
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut View Post
I am a country music fan. I had to spend years listening to Swift's music when it came on the radio. Nice try, though.
Exactly. You judged her when she was 15-20 years old starting out making music and you haven't given her a shred of a chance since.

I don't need to try because you out yourself with by admitting to being a part of the 'this isn't the country music I like!' demographic.

I'd imagine back in 2010 your thinking was pretty much aligned with this guy:

https://lefsetz.com/wordpress/2010/02/01/grammys/

Quote:
In other words, did Taylor Swift kill her career overnight?

I’ll argue she did. Oh, I’m not fully convinced of that, but let’s start from this position.

She’ll be even further hated in Nashville (and what kind of ****ed up world do we live in where the CMAs are better than the Grammys?) I’d love to say whored out Top Forty radio stations will ignore her, but this is doubtful, still…

In one fell swoop, Taylor Swift consigned herself to the dustbin of teen phenoms. Who we expect to burn brightly and then fade away. From New Kids On The Block to Backstreet Boys to Miley Cyrus. A wall is created, stating you can’t come any further. Debbie Gibson can appear in shows on Broadway, but she can’t have a hit record, the powers-that-be won’t let it happen.

Taylor’s too young and dumb to understand the mistake she made. And those surrounding her are addicted to cash and are afraid to tell her no. But last night Taylor Swift SHOULD have auto-tuned. To save her career.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote