Thread: Movies and TV Must Watch Series
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2023, 04:18 PM   #2390
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Admittedly, there are just some actors I don't like.

I know people love Timothy Olyphant but I just don't. Have never been happy to see him in a role though I'm still trying to talk myself into finding a streaming service for Justified because I've been told I'll like him, bias be damned.

Richard Madden is just lousy. So very, very bad. And people want to try to make him Bond? I don't get it. McCaughnahey (spelled that wrong) wears me out. I think Forest Whittaker is overrated as hell. I just get 'down' on certain actors and have little use for them.

But then I have guys like Karl Urban and David Tennant who I think are fantastic and would watch them read a phonebook. I think Gene Hackman is arguably the most criminally underrated actor of all-time (and Robert Duvall is kindof his overrated flipside).

I may not be being fair to Plemons - showing up as a fat **** in the Breaking Bad sequel almost certainly poisoned the well there. But I just don't like him.
I am a giant Justified fan, and don't really like Olyphant in anything other than Deadwood, so I'm with on you everything there.

Just watch the show. If you can't shut off the **** you gene (I have that gene. It's...we'll call it expressed), just tune him out. He's not in it a ton. IMO, his performance is worth watching, but if you hate him, just watch Olsen.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.