Thread: Movies and TV Star Trek: Strange New Worlds
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2023, 12:27 PM   #331
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
Spock should be at the top. He's the most naturally compelling character of the series. Followed closely if not eventually eclipsed by Pike because he should be the central character of this series. After that it's hit or miss depending on the actors involved and how the parts are being written.
As I've said previously, I come to realize the show isn't written for me. I erroneously thought we were going to get a Pike-Spock-Number One centric series because that was the trio we saw on Discovery. Clearly that's not what they're going for, and I guess I should have not been surprised.

It is what it is, just not what I wanted and thought it would be. I probably will watch tomorrow's episode just because I've come this far, but I'm not the least bit excited about it. With the ongoing strikes, God only knows when they'll have another season and I couldn't care less.

EDIT TO ADD: A good friend of mine, a long term ST fan messaged me this the other day:

"I never thought I'd say this, but they can quit making new Star Trek series if this is the best they can do."

I can't say I disagree.

Last edited by gh4chiefs; 08-09-2023 at 12:33 PM.. Reason: Add on
gh4chiefs is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.gh4chiefs is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.gh4chiefs is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.gh4chiefs is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.gh4chiefs is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.gh4chiefs is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.